Byeongyeong-myeon (병영면, 兵營面) is one of ten myeon in Gangjin county, Jeollanam-do. It has an area of 26.99 squqre kilometers, and as of 2003 its population is 2,562.
Byeongyeong-myeon is in the eastern side of Gangjin county, with Omcheon-myeon to the north and Jangheung county to the east. The highest point in the area is Suinsan at 561 meters. Hamel and his men were sent to Byeongyeong from Jeju-do, remaining there for several years.
Points of Interest
- Byeongyeong Bridge - Gangjin Tangible Property no. 129 
- Byeongyeong Sacred Site - former military barracks during the Joseon dynasty
- Byeongyeong Gingko - estimated to be over 500 years old 
- Suinsanseong - Suin Mountain Fortress
- Torrega Grandis Fortune - 400-year-old tree