| Revised Romanization:
|| Talsŏng kun
|No. of households:
Dalseong-gun or Dalseong County is a gun occupying much of south and western Daegu, South Korea. A largely rural district lying along the Nakdong River, it makes up nearly half of Daegu's total area. It is divided in half by a narrow piece of Dalseo-gu that reaches west to the river.
Like the other local government units in Korea, Dalseong-gun enjoys a moderate degree of local autonomy. The county magistrate and council are elected by the local citizens, although their authority is sharply curtailed. The seat of government is located in Nongong-eup. The current magistrate is Lee Jong-jin.
Dalseong-gun enters historical records in 757, as Daegu-hyeon, a subsidiary of Suchang-gun (modern-day Suseong-gu). Dalseong-gun became part of Daegu Metropolitan City in 1995, as part of a general reform of local governments.
As the near hinterland of Daegu, Dalseong-gun is known as a center of truck farming and tourism. Landmarks of Dalseong-gun include Biseulsan and the Naengcheon resort area beneath Paljoryeong.
The name Dalseong means "Dal Castle," and comes from the earlier name of Daegu, Dalgubeol. Other places sharing this name include Dalseong Park in central Daegu.
Dalseong-gun is divided into three eup and six myeon. These are in turn divided into 279 ri and 1470 ban.