Kimbap (김밥) is made of rice, vegetables, and (often) ham rolled in seaweed. It is often priced at 1000 won for one roll, making it a popular snack.
Varieties of Kimbap
- Chicken (닭고기김밥)
- Egg-rolled (계란말이김밥) Fried egg is wrapped around the kimbap.
- Beef (쇠고기김밥)
- Nude (누드김밥) Here the rice is on the outside, with the seaweed rolled inside.
- Salad (사래드김밥) Fully vegetarian, and typically includes mayonnaise.
- Tuna (참치김밥) Usually contains sesame leaves, tuna, various vegetables and mayonnaise.
- Vegetable (야채김밥) Despite the name, this should be expected to include ham and imitation crabmeat.
Triangle kimbap (삼각김밥, 三角김밥) is sold in convenience stores.
A common vegetable found in kimbap is danmuji(단무지), which is a yellow pickled radish. To order kimbap without this inside, say "danmuji bbaego chuseyo" (단무지 빼고 주세요).