Sadang (사당역, 舍堂驛) is a station on lines two and four on the Seoul subway. It is next to:
Sadang itself, though in the centre of two major lines, does not have that many things to do. Shops include restaurants, Dunkin' Donuts and the like, but Sadang is generally not a place people gather to spend the time. It is more popular as an area to live in with cheaper rent than areas further to the east, yet still very close.
Given that Sadang is where the lines 2 and 4 converge, it is very busy and receives around the same traffic that Seoul National University of Education Station and other stations do.
- Number of exits: 14
- Platforms: Centre
- Meeting area inside station: No
- Bathroom: Inside turnstiles
- Exit door on train: Left side
- Bicycle parking: Yes (28 spots)
Outside each exit:
- Exit 1: Korea Electrical Corporation Sadang Substation (한국전력공사 사당변전소)
- Exit 2: Bangbae Wooseong Apartments (방배우성아파트)
- Exit 3: Bangbae Wooseong Apartments (방배우성아파트)
- Exit 4: 관악서점 (Gwanak Books)
- Exit 5: Namhyeon-dong Office (남현동사무소), Namhyeon Police Office (남현파출소)
- Exit 6: Gwanak Registration Office (관악등기소)
- Exit 7: 대한건축학회 - Korean Architecure Academy
- Exit 8: Sadang-dong (사당동)
- Exit 9: Sadang 1-dong Office (사당1동사무소)
- Exit 10: Seoul Namsa Elementary School (서울남사초등학교)
- Exit 11: Bangbae 2-dong Office (방배2동사무소)
- Exit 12: Seoul Dongdeok Girls' Middle School (서울동덕여자중학교)
- Exit 13: Bangbae Police Station (방배경찰서)
- Exit 14:
Restaurants and Bars
As the average Korean, Japanese, and Chinese restaurants are in abundance throughout Korea and are easy for foreigners to find, the following restaurants reflect a sampling of restaurants considered to be either popular or are western-friendly choices and other ethnic foods.
- For those transfering from line two to line four, the second or third car from the back will give a direct route to the stairs leading down and enable one to beat the crowd.
- When coming in to Sadang Station from line 4 in the south, the car in the very back will be the closest to the stairs leading up to the transfer platform to line 2. If coming in from Sanbon, Ansan etc. be sure to move to the very back.