Transportation in Bundang
Bundang has an efficient public transportation system connecting it with the the greater Seoul area that encompases buses, and a subway. The Bundang Line connects to the Seoul subway while buses ship tens of thousands of commuters to and from Seoul everyday.
Transit buses to Seoul
Transit (commuter) buses are called Wide Area Lines in Seoul and with red color. Those are crammed full at rush hour.
- 9000: Seohyeon Station, Dankook University, Jongno, Sejongno, Seoul Station and Myeongdong
- 9001: Seohyeon Station, Dankook University, Jongno, Sejongno, Jonggak and Myeongdong
- 9400: Yangjae Station, ,Gangnam Station, Namdaemun
- 9401: Seohyeon Station, Dankook University, Myeongdong, Jongno, Sejongno
- 9402: Myeongdong, Jonggak Station
- 9403: Moran Station, Gwangjin-gu, Dongdaemun Stadium
- 9404: Yangjae-dong, Gangnam Station, Nonhyeon Station
- 9405: Bundang Central Park, Seocho-gu Office, Gangnam Station, Apgujeong
- 9407: Gaepo-dong, Daechi-dong, Samseong Station
- 9408: Yatap Station, Yangjae Station, Noryangjin-dong, Daebang-dong
- 9409: Gangnam Station, Yeouido
- 9414: Seohyeon Station, Dogok Station, Seolleung Station, Samseong Station,
- 1005-1: Seohyeon Station, Yangjae Station, Gangnam Station, Sinsa Station, Dankook University, Jongno, Sejongno, Seoul Station, Myeongdong
- 1005-2: Migeum Station, Sunae Station, Seohyeon Station, Yangjae Station, Gangnam Station, Sinsa Station, Dankook University, Jongno, Sejongno, Seoul Station, Myeongdong
- 1500: Everland, Seoul Nat'l Univ. of Education Station
- 1500-2: Everland, Yuldong Park, Seohyeon Station, Seoul Arts Center, Nambu Bus Terminal, Sadang Station
- 5500-1: Kyunghee-Dae (Suwon), Migeum Station, Jeongja Station, Sunae Station, Seohyeon Station, Seoul Station
- 8100: Sunae Station, Hannam-Dong
Bundang has a bus terminal located near Yatap Station with bus routes connecting Bundang to location throughout Gyeonggi province and the rest of the country. The Airport Limousine also stops in several places in Bundang with service to both Incheon International Airport and Gimpo Airport.
Subway Stations in Bundang.
The Bundang line is a commuter subway line of the Korean National Railroad. It was first constructed for the commuters of Bundang from which the name 'Bundang Line' came from. It serves southeastern Seoul and Seongnam. Originally opened in September 1994 between Suseo Station and Ori Station, it was extended from Suseo to Seolleung in September 2003. It stretched 18.5 km from Seolleung to Ori, but as of 2005, it has been extended south to Bojeong.
In Bundang, taxis can be found on busy streets but are less common in residential areas with no large commercial sector. However, there are always lots of taxis for the Seoul, Seongnam and Youngin regions in busy areas such as Seohyeon Station.
Streets of Bundang are quite organized like a grid. The main road is Seongnam Daero which runs through Moran Station, Seohyeon Station, Sunae Station, Jeongja Station to Ori Station.
Bundang is close to Seoul Ring Expressway and Gyeongbu Expressway and has two additional expressways connecting the district to Cheongdam Bridge in Han River and Gangnam-gu.